The Rose Warner Writing and Critical Thinking Center
Our writing center is where all students can receive free, collaborative feedback on all forms of writing. Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff will help everyone to brainstorm, interpret, review and proof their projects.
Students may use the writing center as often as they like to obtain help on papers, resumes, earning scholarships or getting into graduate school. Students who use the Center become better writers and critical thinkers.
This LibGuide is to help you use the American Psychological Association (APA) style guide, which is frequently used for the social sciences including education, management, psychology, and the health sciences.
This guide can help you with the more fundamental tasks including:
1. Reference Formats - examples and explanations for citing your sources in the various formats for your References list
2. Formatting Your Paper - how to set up your paper including the margins, font, and your References list, and view a sample paper
3. In-text citations - also known as parenthetical notation - how to cite your references in the text of your paper
4. EndNote - bibliographic citation software, which can help format your citations and is freely available for download to CSS faculty, staff, and students
5. Ethically Use Sources - information on the College's academic honesty policy and turnitin, an online tool to detect where sources need to be cited