MLA Citation Help, 8th edition
This LibGuide is to help you use the style guide including:
1. Reference Formats - examples and explanations for citing your sources in the various formats for your Works Cited list
2. Formatting Your Paper - how to set up your paper including the margins, font, and your Works Cited list
3. In-text Citations - also known as parenthetical notation - how to cite your references in the text of your paper
4. EndNote - bibliographic citation software, which can help format your citations and is freely available for download to CSS faculty, staff, and students
5. Avoiding Plagiarism - information on the College's academic honesty policy and Turnitin, an online tool to detect where sources need to be cited
Note: This guide is in no way a replacement for the actual manual, which can be found in the Library on reserve or at a bookstore near you. Please consult the manual for authoritative information in greater detail. Also feel free to talk with a librarian for more help.
The Rose Warner Writing and Critical Thinking Center is where all students, faculty and community members can receive free, collaborative feedback on any and all forms of writing. You can find out more information and even schedule an appointment on their website.