Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Citations Styles Used at CSS
APA, 7th ed.
NEW EDITION - Used within the social sciences including business, education, psychology, and social work and health sciences including nursing, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
APA, 6th ed.
OLD EDITION - Used within the social sciences including business, education, psychology, and social work and health sciences including nursing, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
MLA, 8th ed.
Publication Date: 2016
Used within the humanities including English, history, communication, etc.
AMA Manual of Style
Used within the medical field including athletic training
Chicago/Turabian Manual of Style, 15th ed.
Used within the field of history
LibGuides for Help
MLA Citation Help, 8th edition
This LibGuide is to help you use the style guide including:
1. Reference Formats - examples and explanations for citing your sources in the various formats for your Works Cited list
2. Formatting Your Paper - how to set up your paper including the margins, font, and your Works Cited list
3. In-text Citations - also known as parenthetical notation - how to cite your references in the text of your paper
4. EndNote - bibliographic citation software, which can help format your citations and is freely available for download to CSS faculty, staff, and students
5. Avoiding Plagiarism - information on the College's academic honesty policy and Turnitin, an online tool to detect where sources need to be cited
Note: This guide is in no way a replacement for the actual manual, which can be found in the Library on reserve or at a bookstore near you. Please consult the manual for authoritative information in greater detail. Also feel free to talk with a librarian for more help.
The Rose Warner Writing and Critical Thinking Center is where all students, faculty and community members can receive free, collaborative feedback on any and all forms of writing. You can find out more information and even schedule an appointment on their website.
Good Word Guide by
This fully updated edition of the bestselling Good Word Guide offers information and advice on spelling, grammar, punctuation, pronunciation, confusables and the latest buzzwords, and provides clear, straightforward answers to everyday language problems.
MLA Citation Help
Interactive web site to help students cite correctly
Interactive web tool designed to assist students in their efforts to respect other people's intellectual properties