This LibGuide is to help you use the American Medical Association (AMA) style used by the health sciences. Here at St. Scholastica, it is primarily used in the Physical Therapy and Athletic Training departments.
This guide can help you with the more fundamental tasks including:
1. Reference Formats - examples and explanations for citing your sources in the various formats for your References list
2. Formatting Your Paper - how to set up your paper including the margins, font, and your References list
3. In-text citations - also known as parenthetical notation - how to cite your references in the text of your paper
4. EndNote - bibliographic citation software, which can help format your citations and is freely available for download to CSS faculty, staff, and students
5. Avoiding Plagiarism - information on the College's academic honesty policy and turnitin, an online tool to detect where sources need to be cited
Note: This guide is in no way a replacement for the actual manual, which is several hundred pages long, and can be found in the Library on reserve or at a bookstore near you. Please consult the AMA 10th edition manual for authoritative information in greater detail. Also feel free to talk with a librarian for more help.
Having trouble with getting started on your paper? Would you like your paper edited before turning it in?
The Rose Frenzel Warner Writing/Critical Thinking Center is available to help! For more information, click here.