MLA 8th Edition Citation Help LibGuide
This LibGuide is to help you use the style guide including:
1. Reference Formats - examples and explanations for citing your sources in the various formats for your References list
2. Formatting Your Paper - how to set up your paper including the margins, font, and your References list
3. In-text citations - also known as parenthetical notation - how to cite your references in the text of your paper
4. EndNote - bibliographic citation software, which can help format your citations and is freely available for download to CSS faculty, staff, and students
5. Avoiding Plagiarism - information on the College's academic honesty policy and turnitin, an online tool to detect where sources need to be cited
Note: This guide is in no way a replacement for the actual manual, which can be found in the Library on reserve or at a bookstore near you. Please consult the manual for authoritative information in greater detail. Also feel free to talk with a librarian for more help.